Wednesday, August 20, 2008

(More) financial news

More information is coming to light about the extent of the losses faced by Japanese businesses in their dealings with the Castro regime.

As previously reported, the Japanese Government has decided to stop insuring businesses that export to Cuba following a decision by the boys in Havana to stop paying their debts … again.

According to this article in The Yomiuri Shimbun, one of the companies affected is Meiwa Corp, a midsize trading house that exported medical equipment and supplies to Cuba worth 872 million yen (one US dollar equals about 109 Japanese yens).

A spokesman for Meiwa told the paper that it was highly unlikely the company would ever be able to collect the debt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel Garzón said...

Good to hear that, let fools be fools, or as Forest Gump so eloquently stated "Stupid is as stupid does," the more the merrier, these capitalist pigs I love to detest just as much as I hate the communists, I do not dislike free enterprise, in fact I am a staunch supporter of it because it works and benefits the broadest number of people, but c'mon, anyone in the financial world knows that Cuba is the worst scofflaw on the planet and yet these Einsteins continue to deceive themselves into believing that somehow the tyranny of Casstro will not default on their transactions. Pardon my French, I do not like to use profanity, but this time I consider it more than appropriate when I say F*** THEM.

2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home