Wednesday, June 11, 2008

... and Fidel's children - or Quote of the Day

''I hate Fidel Castro, but does that mean I should work in a cafeteria? I am 44 years old, and the first and only time in my life I went hungry was in the United States. Here, I live in a four-bedroom house and have a car. Over there, I had to live in an apartment the size of a table.''

Silvia, described as the daughter of (obviously high-ranking) officials of the Castro regime, explaining to The Miami Herald why she returned to Cuba after living just six months in the United States. For someone aged 44, Silvia sounds like an absolute f…wit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Garcia,

I noticed your article dating back to Sunday, May 06, 2007. I came across it by chance as I was reading recent news on the Solomon Times. Your website was on the following page of my search on google.
I come from a country in Central America. My country was helped & suffered repression from real dictators who instead of sending doctors (like Cuba does) they would send military personnel to train death squads and the army to kill students, women & children in the villages.
Perhaps a trip to the Solomon Islands or East Timor would be useful to experience first hand the work that Cuban doctors carry out. Develop a survey & ask the local population what they think of the help provided.
To this date I don’t remember Pinochet & the likes sending doctors to treat people in rural areas in Central America.
You should stop misleading the Australian people with the information & defamation that you publish on your website.
I just wonder how much the CIA is paying you to publish such articles.

If you are really a person who fights for democracy I hope you publish my comments.

10:21 pm  
Blogger Luis M Garcia said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your visit and for leaving a comment.

I can assure you that sadly, I am yet to receive a single cent from the CIA - or any other such institution. I do it all for free. I know, I know ... crazy.

9:29 am  
Blogger Henry Louis Gomez said...

Dear anonymous,

You are kidding, right? I mean to say that Cuba hasn't exported violence and death would be the biggest lie of the 20th century. Angola, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Colombia, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Please do yourself a favor and get a mind of your own.

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home