Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quote of the Day

"My administration will press the Cuban regime to release all political prisoners unconditionally, to legalise all political parties, labour unions, and free media, and to schedule internationally monitored elections. The embargo must stay in place until these basic elements of democratic society are met."

US presidential candidate John McCain, setting out his "roadmap" for Cuba during his campaign visit to Miami, as reported by Reuters. Stand by for the (predictable) response from Havana.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cuba has to become what you want until I can practice my GOD given right to visit my familia in habana...

from the "corazon" de freedom, which forbids me to visit my dying mother~

1:31 pm  
Blogger Angel Garzón said...

Anonymous:

Our homeland's name is Cuba, not cuba. Tell the Cuban tyranny all about your "God given right." I am sorry to hear about your mother, I know how it feels to lose a loved one, I extend you my empathy and prayers for you, your mother and your family. Now brother or sister, fly via Mexico, or Canada, or Bahamas, or Jamaica, or Honduras, where there is a will, there is a way. Rhetoric, is just rhetoric.

4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home